(Photo from delish.com)
Since Christmas is just around the corner, we have compiled a list of some of our favorite Holiday inspired cocktails, and even one mocktail for the kids or those who prefer not to drink. Make these for your friends and family when they come over for the holiday festivities. They are sure to please!
Hot Buttered Rum
BUTTERED RUM BATTER
1 c. butter, softened
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
2 c. vanilla ice cream, softened
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 c. apple cider
1 c. rum
1. Make the Buttered Rum Batter: In a mixing bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in ice cream and cinnamon, then spoon into a large mason jar or Tupperware container. Store in freezer until mostly hardened, about 2 hours (or store there until you’re ready to serve drinks).
2. Make the Drinks: In a large saucepan, heat cider until boiling, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and pour into a pitcher or easy-to-serve container.
3. Place about 2 tbsp of the buttered rum batter into each mug. Fill about 1/3 of the way up with rum, then top with hot apple cider. Stir and serve.
2 c. milk
1/2 tsp. cinnamon, plus more for garnish
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
6 egg yolks
1/2 c. sugar
1 c. heavy cream
1/3 c. bourbon or rum (optional)
Whipped cream, for serving
1. Combine milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla in a small saucepan over low heat. Slowly bring mixture to a low boil.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk egg yolks with sugar until yolks are pale in color. Slowly add hot milk mixture to egg yolks in batches to temper the eggs and whisk until combined.
3. Return mixture to saucepan and cook over medium heat until slightly thick (and coats the back of a spoon) but does not boil.
4. Remove from heat and stir in heavy cream and, if using, booze.
5. Refrigerate until chilled.
6. When ready to serve, garnish with whipped cream and cinnamon.
1/2 oz simple syrup
1/2 oz unsweetened cranberry juice
1 1/2 oz gin or vodka
2 oz chilled ginger beer
1 rosemary sprig
orange slice, for garnish
sugared cranberries, for garnish
1. Combine simple syrup, cranberry juice, and gin.
2. Pour over ice and top with ginger beer.
3. Serve garnished with rosemary, orange wedge and sugared cranberries, if desired.
1½ cups sugar
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon lime zest
1 teaspoon grapefruit zest
1 teaspoon orange zest
1 teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¾ cup Citrus Sugar
1 cup lime juice
1 cup lemon juice
2 cups orange juice
1 cup grapefruit juice
1 cup mango nectar
1 cup pineapple juice
3¾ cups Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
2¼ cup Grand Marnier
1½ cups Amaretto
3 cups sparkling water
orange, lemon, lime, grapefruit slices, frozen cranberries for garnish
1. Make the citrus sugar by combining the sugar, zests, ginger and cinnamon. Rub the zest between your fingers to release the oils. Let sit at room temperature for 4 hours or up to a a few days in an airtight container.
2. Peel the skins off of the fruit and juice.
3. Make the punch by adding the sugar to the bottom of the punch bowl. Pour in the juice and stir to start to dissolve the sugar. Pour in the alcohol.
4. Garnish with frozen cranberries and fruit slices.
1 can frozen limeade concentrate
2 c. water
3½ c. gold tequila
2 c. pomegranate juice
1 c. Triple Sec
Ice cubes for serving
1 c. fresh pomegranate seeds (from 1 pomegranate)
1. In large pitcher, combine limeade and water until well blended. Stir in tequila, pomegranate juice, and triple sec.
2. Cut each lime crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick wheels; cut a slit in each wheel, from center to edge. To serve, place ice cubes and a few pomegranate seeds in each glass; place a lime wheel on rim.
Christmas Punch (Non-Alcoholic)
5 cups Tropical Punch
1 cup Cranberry Juice
1 cup Pineapple Juice
½ cup Lemon Juice
4-5 cups Ginger Ale
1 pint Raspberry Sherbet
1. Make sure all ingredients are chilled.
2. Combine all juices into a large punch bowl.
3.Add ginger ale slowly to prevent too much fizz.
4. Add scoops of raspberry sherbet & let sit for a few minutes. Serve with a ladle.
We want to take this time to wish all of our wonderful viewers and customers a very happy Holiday and a Happy New Year! We hope you all enjoy the time spent with your loved ones!